Sunday, June 20, 2010

Yup.. Second Day in a Row.






Happy Father's Day Blaine! Today I wanted to make it special by spending sometime together as a family and going hiking. We prepared hobo dinners on Saturday so that when we got out of church on Sunday we could head up Middle Canyon and begin our hike. Well, we woke up to the wind blowing.. YUCK! Blaine decided that he didn't want to take the chance of building a fire and burning down the mountain.. So, he built a fire in the backyard on a little fireplace and cooked our hobo dinners. They were delicious!!! Kind of the redneck way of doing it but.. it worked. Not sure that's Blaine's idea of spending Father's Day but what else could we do?

A few weeks ago, Colby had his appendix removed. On Sunday night as we were going to bed, he came in my room and told me that his stomach hurt. I said.. "I'm sure it's because of all the crap you have been eating." Knowing that he eats nonstop anymore.. I said.. Go to bed.. you will be fine. Shortly after, he was in the bathroom throwing up. My thoughts were.. Great, we have been out of school for 2 days and he has the flu. I continued to hear him off and on through out the night as he ran to the bathroom to throw up. The next morning as I was leaving for my first day of teaching summer school, he asked if he could get in my shower. I told him it was fine but that he better not expect to go and play video games since he was sick. He assured me that it would not be happening. To make a long story short.. 2 hours later, Blaine came to get the key to the car because he was taking Colby to see Dr. Abarca. At that visit, Dr. Abarca told Blaine to get in the car and take Colby to Primary Children's Hospital. He was sure that's what was wrong.. appendicitis! Sure enough, he went in for surgery around 6:00 on Monday night. Gosh, I felt horrible.. He kept telling the doctors... " I told my mom that I was sick and she wouldn't believe me!" I guess I get the horrible mother award for that day! Here is a picture just before going in to surgery.. You can tell the poor little guy doesn't feel well.. Darn it!

No comments: