Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Never a Dull Moment Here!


This past week has been an exciting one! On Tuesday we finished up summer school and Courtney left for girls camp(not willingly I might add). Once she returned on Friday she was glad she had gone. Funny how that always seems to work. Saturday was Colby's birthday and started off quite crazy. First we decided to have a yard sale. I don't think we will be able to have anymore for a while or we will have to start selling the kids..LOL.j/k. Anyway, later we celebrated with cake. No ice cream because the cake was an ice cream cake. That same night(or I guess Sunday morning) Caden's friends came up at 1 and said he was having a seizure and they couldn't get him up. Blaine went down to get him and ended up coming back to get me to come down to see if he would respond to my voice. I talked to him and he got up and came home. Well, around 4 he started to have another seizure. Nothing like he has had before. He was shaking and his body was completely stiff. Scared me to death! I picked up the phone and called 911. The police were here quick and were asking us about his history with seizures. Shortly after, the EMT's arrived and tried to get him to respond just like Blaine had earlier. They weren't satisfied with his responses so he was transported to the hospital. After two hours of being there, they sent us home with a medicine that would stop his seizures and make him sleep and they also upped his dose of his regular medicine. So... as of today(Tuesday) all is going good. I am having a hard time letting him go too far. Scares me that it will happen again. Hopefully this week will be better! Lots planned with family and friends.
I have become a blog junky! I love all the ideas I am finding from browsing through blogs that friends have suggested. Maybe I will become motivated to do more projects.
Still pondering this fact... Do I want to take the cake decorating class or not? Hmmm. Not sure!

No comments: