Sunday, July 18, 2010

Projects!



I have become a blog junkie! I have found so many inexpensive crafts and ideas to do that I now have a list.. (Poor Blaine.. most of them include him building something.) With that said, this past week since all the kids were gone but Colby, Blaine and I decided to take on the kids bathroom. Water had escaped the shower and had rotted some of the baseboards. So.. that's where we started. Above is the picture before.



As we started tearing out all the baseboards I had this great idea from a blog I had seen...hehehehehe(I really had it all planned). So we decided to put up some beadboard on the walls which meant tearing out the toilet and all. We had some extra insulation downstairs and took it back to the Depot and got the baseboards and beadboard that we needed. Well.. by Wednesday Cameron was back home and Courtney returned on Thursday. The bathroom still isn't done! With Courtney's help, we painted the part behind the toilet and sanded it so Blaine could put the toilet back together. It sat out on the front lawn for part of a day.. How redneck is that? LOL. Above is our finished piece..We still have the other wall to do and finish it off with a new shower curtain(that I will be making..saw that on a blog too) and some cute wall decor. The bathroom will now be black and yellow instead of blue and yellow. I will post more pics as I finish!



One other thing we need to do in the kids bathroom is frame the mirror.(another blog idea) We had the baseboard to go around the mirror but I think I confused Blaine because he cut two pieces 1/2 inch too short. Oh well.. Don't sweat the small stuff.. We just used it in the other bathroom. Court and I still need to sand it but doesn't it look great? Trying to keep myself busy.. this last 86 days is draggggging on. Stay Tuned for the last of the bathroom remodel.. I can't wait to see it finished!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love it!! Will you come remodel mine???